Pages

Monday 22 September 2008

INTRODUCING...MISSY

I'd like to introduce you to my friend..... She's funny, kind, loving, loyal, a talented poet, a Mum and one of my dearest friends.





A couple of years ago, I joined Helium (a site for writers). If I remember correctly, Muttars and Keith were already writing on blogspot and many more of us followed suit when we grew tired of the restrictions placed on us by the Helium site.

One of the first people I came into contact with over on Helium was Phil, affectionately know to Missy and I as sandwich...it's a long story. Anyway, Phil was always mentioning this lovely lady he knew named Missy and suggested we get in touch. He thought we'd get on like a house on fire. He was soooooooooo right. Missy and I have remained good friends since, she is like a sister to me.

Missy and I are alike in many ways but I think what we have most in common is our sense of humour. I find this amusing in itself because for a start she is American and many Americans I have come into contact with don't relate to my sense of humour. Also, she is a woman and I usually get along better with men. I know a conversation with Missy isn't going to be hours going on and on about shoes and shopping, etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I tend to nod off when those kinds of topics come up.

Missy and I support each other, cheer each other up when needed and generally just have a laugh. I'd be lost without her friendship.


Why don't you pay her a visit and tell her I sent you.

Love you Missy!

Bye y'all
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. If you'd be interested in being introduced to any more of my blog buddies...drop me a comment here and I'll do another poll.

13 comments:

  1. Definitely a good 'un!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there and she told me ta fuck off.......

    Does that mean she likes me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dickie - For sure!

    Steve - I know she would never say that to you but how could she not like you

    Missy - Knew it. Love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah great I didn't know you now Missy that long. Missy was actually one of the first to find my blog when I didn't know about other bloggers and she introduced me to Keith. SHe is always the most charming and kind person and a great poet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Missy intoduced me to your blog also. Yay for Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Missy yells at me all the time!!!!
    (but I deserve it)

    ReplyDelete
  7. G - I'm sure you do, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't Missy that hot piece of stuff who used to hang around in your room waiting to pounce on unsuspecting men?

    Ah, knew there was a reason I liked her but thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO at you two. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful tribute to someone I am proud to call a friend.

    It seems so long ago we all met on Helium. I came across the site as a result of a Google-Ad on my blog, and in no time at all we were all blogging together!

    Did anyone ever tell you what a lovely person you are? Silly question, I'm sure they have X

    ReplyDelete
  11. *sigh* happy memories and friends for life

    ReplyDelete
  12. For sure Toadee and if it wasn't for you...I wouldn't have found helium. Thanks sweetie xxx

    ReplyDelete