Pages

Saturday 25 July 2009

BAY OF ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND

A few more pics from our stay in the Bay of Islands.

The town of Paihia is a short ferry ride from Russell. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided it would be nice to drive there via the scenic route. The trip should have taken us half an hour but we took a wrong turn. An hour and a half of windy road later and after several times yelling to hubby, 'pull over, I'm going to be sick,' we arrived in Paihia.









HARURU FALLS

While we were out and about, we saw a sign to Haruru Falls. As you know, hubby loves to take me on long walks on the pretence they are short walks. This time, I read for myself that the walk would take 90 mins each way. We decided to drive there instead and all I can say is...thank goodness for that. If I'd had to walk for an hour and half to see one of the smallest water falls I've ever seen in my life, I would not have been happy, LOL.




MANGINANGINA - Try saying that in a hurry!


Finally, a KB sized walk. The native trees here were amazing. I took many pics but unfortunately, they didn't do the trees justice.







MISSION HOUSE

We arrived at the house 10 mins before closing. Never mind, better luck next time.





We spent the follwing week in our caravan in Rotorua. Didn't take any pics as we had a quiet time there. Decided to go home when the frost arrived.



Righto, that's all my pics from Bay of Islands but I'm not done yet. Still have many from Wanaka to post.

6 comments:

  1. It's sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...m a bit jealous now, wish i too went there n enjoyed the beautiful place..lolz!!!

    Nice pics...i liked those of the waterfall n of the house...they were lovely!!

    So howz your health Karen?

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nazish - I'm starting to feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! I specially like the first two pics. Looks a lovely place. [Up the All Blacks]!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great place We had a long trip one time to see the niagara falls of NZ it was stone high :)
    When my brother comes again end 2010
    our destiny will be roterua

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dickie - You do realise it's your fault they lost yesterday!

    Marja - I luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvv Rotorua. Can I cme with you?

    ReplyDelete