Pages

Thursday 17 April 2008

HANGING ON THE TELEPHONE



I contacted my telephone company earlier today. I was greeted by one of those automated phone messages...

"I can understand certain words and phrases, please make your choices by speaking".

Every time I heard the message, I burst out laughing, the tears were rolling down my cheeks. Many words and phrases came to mind but I was certain my telephone provider wouldn't appreciate them. I had to call back three times before I could speak.

However, it's refreshing to know a computer understands me; most people I talk to on the phone don't.

"What you on about now Karen..."
"Could you repeat that please..."
"You blonde or what..."
"Can you stop laughing for five minutes, I can't understand a word you're sayin..."

Which reminds me...

If you only had an hour to live and could make only one phone call-who would you call, what would you say, and why are you waiting?

-Stephen Levine-

Well, it wouldn't be the telephone company, that's for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there KB. You are so right it wouldn't be the telephone company it would certainly have to be a huge conference call lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, good point Jadey

    ReplyDelete