Pages

Wednesday 16 April 2008

STORMY WEATHER



We've been experiencing terrible weather in my neck of the woods. I spent yesterday under the covers as the rain pelted down and the thunder roared. Conditions have improved considerably today but not without taking a toll. Looks like the birds have been making a nest here but I consider myself lucky to have only a hole in the roof to worry about.

Six students and one teacher, from a college close to my home, died while on a canyoning trip. Apparently, there was a flash flood on the river. Why anyone would be canyoning during such heavy downpours is beyond me. Such a tragedy.

My thoughts are with the families tonight. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through.

Hug your kiddies and your loved ones next time you see them...they can be taken away in an instant...scary thought aye.

Love ya
KB
xxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Funny how we as bloggers keep tags on one another.

    I too feel saddened.

    As you well know Shaz is a Kiwi and keeps up with the NZ Herald online

    Tis a said day indeed.....**Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad. There is a very thin line between letting them stretch their wings, and being overprotective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I shed a few tears when I watched the news update today.

    Hugs back at ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very scary thought. I hope the bad weather ends fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true Keith

    Weather is fine now Jadey

    ReplyDelete