Pages

Thursday 29 May 2008

LIFE BEGINS AT FORTY?


Did you know Kylie and I have something in common? We both turned forty recently.

In an article this morning she states, " Turning forty is a liberating experience".

There I was thinking, "I totally agree. Why do people dread turning 40? I'm feeling great and I'm enjoying every minute of it so far".

I trot off to to my letter box. Mail from my insurance company awaits...

"As Karen has reached the age of 40 years (the next premium age band), your fortnightly premium will change...."

Bugga! What does this mean? I've more chance of becoming ill after I turn forty? Well thanks for not only putting a downer on my birthday but a bigger hole in my bank account too.

Better prepare to put those gold, hot pants in storage Kylie, bad news is on the way.

Love you nutters,

KB

xxxxxxx

P.S. If any of you say Kylie is your favourite blonde rather than me...I WILL kill you.

11 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, KB. 40's the new...well, 40 really.

    Get a younger man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could they say such a thing and eh life after 40. After a while suddenly you become blind, rimply, can't get weight off Should I go on That's why you have to focus on the inside hum

    ReplyDelete
  3. M - thanks for the birthday wishes. As for getting a younger man...no way, they need too much training. *giggles*

    Marja - You do make me giggle lady. Thanks so much for those comforting words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ` Don't worry, you are my fav blonde. Especially since I don't feel my mortality creeping up on me as much after reading this....

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEE - you are just a baby compared to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you mean, your bank account?
    Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby - You won't be making smart comments like that when your letter comes, hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. 40?
    Slip sliding away...........lalalalalala!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve - I'll never be as old as you, smartass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you don't change your mind now you are fourty. Life begins on 40 but maybe you will feel every day some differences. Muscles are becoming older and are not so active anymore.

    So time to do more exercise and you will stay ever young. Enjoy also your travels but take me with next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erik - So much to look forward to

    ReplyDelete