Pages

Monday 21 July 2008

THE LIFE OF RILEY


Olive Riley was the world's oldest blogger. The dear lady passed away last week at the age of 108.

She had written more than 70 entries on her blog, or as she referred to it 'blob'.
Including topics such as - raising her 3 children, living through 2 world wars and the Depression.

Wow, what an inspiration. I hope I'm still blogging at that age. I'd have to consider changing my name to Krazy Grey. I have enough trouble remembering what I did five minutes ago and can't imagine being able to remember and record what happened 80 years ago.

Reading about Olive, made me realise that my blog will still be here when I've left this world. I never considered this before. Kinda cool really, something for people to remember me by. I wonder what my future blog entries have in store for me...

You can check out Olive's blog here:


Blog no longer active



P.S. Thanks for the info Mr Snake

P.P.S. Keep the 'Riley' comments to yourself M

13 comments:

  1. I never knew you dyed your hair Missy *wink*

    It's only lunchtime here and I'm still in my PJs, don't tell anyone, it will be our secret.

    sssssssssssshhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. marmy calls hers a 'blob', too :) i've got major greys, but i'm not gonna fess up to anything. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. gonna check out her blog. she sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we should start a bloggers club for women who die their hair ...as long as it's not the..Blue Rinse Brigade

    ReplyDelete
  5. ` Wow, KB! That's really interesting! The only thing I've seen over there so far is Olive's funeral. Well... hopefully I'll find more interesting stuff later!

    ` BTW, climbed Pilchuck the other day... sure could have used a sheewee... and a pair of skis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is this Pilchuck and why have you been climbing him? LMAO!

    If I ever find another shewee, I'll send it to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kinda make ya wonder about all the stuff we can learn from people like her aye?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grey is the new blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! she is an inspiration.

    Your comment on the perminance of our blogs has me rushing to remove anything which doesn't portray me as totally wonderful, damn might as well wipe the whole blog.

    On the up side I don't have long until I break her record

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr Snake - very true

    Keith - *giggles*

    Toadee - you are so funny

    ReplyDelete
  11. there is nothing remotely funny about my age

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I know many people who are in their sixties and wont have anything to do with a computer, let alone a blog. What a lady!! Hat of to her.

    ReplyDelete