Pages

Sunday 12 April 2009

CAMERA CRITTERS - A DAY AT THE ZOO



Recently while in London, we took a trip to the zoo. I'm always excited by the prospect of seeing animals but have mixed feelings about zoos. I realise some of the animals which are near extinction are in there to ensure the species don't die out but look at this beautiful girl. She's supposed to be free, she doesn't realise she's being protected. I shed a few tears when I saw her, locked up and bored out of her mind. Wonder what she's thinking?



Camera Critters

7 comments:

  1. I always feel a little sad when I see animals at the zoo.

    However, for many, that is the only way they will ever see some of these magnificent animals in the flesh..

    At least somee zoos are now showing the animals in more natural habitats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful photo and yes, I'm not a big fan of zoos as well. I have never been to one nor do I have the urge to visit one...
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your header is astounding takes my breath away Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all for stopping by and for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way as you... and would have shed my own tears had I seen her like that.

    With an image you can detatch yourself to a degree - but that's not the case when you see it in the flesh.

    This is a good post - draws attention to how we need to look at man-made habitats and make the animals feel more "free".

    ReplyDelete