Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2009

KB'S RAMBLINGS

QUOTE OF THE DAY

There is only one journey. Going inside yourself.

- Rainer Maria Rilke


This quote appealed to me today as I've been on quite the inner journey these last six months. Perhaps I'll tell more about it some day.




DAILY RAMBLE

I've had a relaxing day today. Went out for breakfast this morning. I ate eggs, toast and hash browns at a cost of $2. The decafe coffee cost me more than my breakfast. How does that work?

Bought myself a couple of pairs of jeans, which fit really well. I've been looking for some jeans for ages. All the ones I tried on where the style with the low waist that the youngsters wear. Not exactly a good look when you're over 40. Well not if you're me and you have to keep holding your belly in. Too much info Karen, let's move on.

I returned home to find my first birthday card for this year. Nearly wet my pants laughing when I read it. Thanks sweet Tim. Where do you find these cards?

I've just been reading the local rag. There is an ad in there which reads...Do you want to learn English? Erm, how are students going to notice the ad if they can't read English? Oh dear.

My rain dance obvioulsy isn't working...not a drop of rain all day.

That's enough rambling for today. Night all.

xxx

14 comments:

  1. I KNEW I'd posted it to early!
    Actually it's all part of a cunning worldwide plan to make birthdays longer, enjoy the rest of the run up to the big day!

    I am always spoilt for choice when i look for birtday cards for you, you are just so inspiring! I actually meant to send a gift with it but finance was tight so you may get a random gift out of the blue some time (which wil be far more exciting)

    Hehe , I accidentally got some low rise jeans and I am finding it difficult to cope I'm either dispay a less than splendid builders bum or I try to hoist them up and sing soprano.

    Like your ramble, it's good to ramble vicariously when i should be working.

    hey look, I'm rambling too lol

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Las Vegas, people can take their driving test in another language. So if they can't read English they can still drive...they can't read the road signs, but they can drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should know by now; I celebrate my birthday all week and then pay for it the following week.

    Hey I was going to email you to say thanks but I wasn't sure if you fixed your pc problems. Let me know xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti - I'll keep that in mind if I am ever in Vegas. Thanks for the mail, I'll reply shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and boy do you pay!

    I can receive e-mail at home and can reply from work lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought two pairs of jeans too the other day. I hate shopping - especially for clothes so raced into the shop, saw a wall of jeans, picked two pairs and fled.
    Got home, put them on and...well, I think they're women's jeans. Why? No ballroom. Lucky I don't want kids, eh?
    Interesting you allude to the low waist. Fact is, all (cheap) jeans are made for women now so when they're pulled up, the waist is up round my belly button (which looks gay - not that there's anything wrong with that - if you're gay...) so the only other option is to have the crotch round my fuckin knees (which looks like one of your aforementioned kids - no good either).
    Bloody...hell. I wish you women'd stop fucking with my fashion. You do the same with jocks, too.

    Mr Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you Grumpy Pants.

    How on earth do you find women's jeans that fit your long legs? She'd have to be a giant.

    I find Jock style briefs quite comfy to wear. You men have much more comfortable clothes than women. High heels and short skirts are a nightmare. Count yourself lucky. Have you considered trying women's knickers on too? Wait, don't answer that. He he.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re: jocks. Yes, they were; I've been buying the same brand for years (Bonds) and they were perfect. Fitted nice and snug, it was great. Felt like my tackle was cupped in the hands of an angel, but then...bastard women got involved and wanted to see men in tight jocks (presumably to show off said tackle) in a dastardly act of revenge for all that "sex object" stuff.
    Now my nads feel like they're fucking gripped in the hands of a St Vitus Dance victim!
    Bastards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muttars - Where's my violin?

    St vitus dance victim? Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. St Vitus Dance is a disease that's characterized by jerky, spasmodic movements (in the case of my reference - snapping, gripping fingers).

    Shove your violin up yer arse, KB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arse, KB, arse. A-R-S-E. Say it with me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    That feels much better.

    ReplyDelete