Pages

Thursday 23 April 2009

MOUNTAINS, SIGNS AND A TOPLESS ZONE

LENSDAY CHALLENGE - MOUNTAIN



A pic I took of Mt Ruapehu. Do you recognise it from LOTR? It's difficult to see the Mt because of the clouds (NZ isn't called the land of the long white cloud for nothing) but I still love the shot. I've been as far up the mountain as the ski field. I was too busy admiring the view to learn much about skiing. Hope you likey.

There is a link on my side bar to Lensday Challenge. Please feel free to visit.


THURSDAY CHALLENGE - SIGNS



This is a sign my friend made. He hangs it in his shed at the beach house we visit. Makes me giggle every time I see it. He's forever hopeful.

There's a link to Thursday Challenge on my sidebar. Feel free to visit.


QUOTE OF THE DAY


Out of clutter; find simplicity.
- Albert Einstein


I'm in the process of sorting through my clutter. Clothes are mostly done, photos and writing stored away, G has been tackling the cupboards. I'm leaving my books till last. I have boxes of books in my study (about 500 unread), I find it really hard to part with a book I haven't read and I'm having to be very stern with myself. At least I have them sorted into categories now - to be read, to wild release and to give to charity. Only thing is, I have had them in categories for almost two years and still they remain.

It's true that clearing away clutter helps make things simpler. Not only because you have more room and can easily find things but also I find it helps clear my head. Every time I walk into my room and see the books, it reminds me of a job unfinished. Tidying things away gives the mind time to think of more important things. Wonder if my books will still be in boxes next year? Hehe.



DAILY RAMBLE

Had to bite the bullet and order a tank of water today. That's $180 down the drain (hehe) but we don't pay water rates so I guess the cost evens out. So the water is arriving this afternoon which means it's sure to rain by tonight. It's always the way.

Righto, I'm off to watch a bit of telly. Which reminds me Criminal Minds is on later and just thinking about that makes me giggle. My Mum told me the other day that she enjoys watching the show but it's a bit violent. Erm Mum, it's called CRIMINAL Minds. She does make me laugh.

Night all, have a great day/night.

9 comments:

  1. My problem is my memory is sliding and I'm not sure which books I have read so I have to keep them all. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Thought of you as it rained for the last few days. What depresses us would make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm cancelling the pipeline project and putting my money into promoting a wider acceptance of topless zones

    ReplyDelete
  3. '..watch a bit of tele....'
    I was glued to the box yesterday as they were announcing the British Lions squad for their South African tour. Did make me think of you and I wondered whether hubby could wangle you a seat on a plane for Suid Afrika, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny with the Topless Zone! =) I love the photo with the mountains and visiting your blog was like a soul trip. It was wonderful. Thanks for visiting mine, the swedish one. Now I link to the english one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr John - It still hasn't rained. I've bought a tank of water so everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toadee - Spoken like a true bloke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dickie - Whan are you going to watch some real rugby teams?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niina - I loved your blog too. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missy - I'm so happy things went well with the surgery. Don't try to do too much.

    Love you heaps girl.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete