Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Stop Eating Before Bed




30 days to a happier, healthier me - day 20 - stop eating 2-3 hrs before bed.

I found this tough in the beginning but a combination of a large meal and a couple of glasses of wine before bed was playing havoc with my digestion. Now I give myself a cut off time and don't eat after that. I find having bigger meals during the day (especially earlier in the day) really takes the late night cravings away. I've also noticed a big reduction in my use of tablets for my acid reflux. Cutting back on alcohol has also helped with the reflux too. I'm going to keep this regime up because I really do feel better for it.

Later gators
Love KB
xxx

Previous 30 days to a happier, healthier me here

3 comments:

  1. I really need to be better about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KB: Good advice. Eating too late does not aid digestion. Also, try several little meals during the day. It is easier to digest four tiny meals than two large ones. Are you aware that certain wines are more acidic than others? If not, do a little research. You are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of hit or miss about it. If I can make myself stay away from the midnight bowl of cereal, I'm generally fine.

    ReplyDelete