Pages

Friday 15 August 2008

FLASH 55

Smiling faces all around. Mum is nowhere to be found. Other mums work, they are here, where are you? I sit... face pressed against the school gates. Hoping and wishing you'll appear. Holding the picture I painted for you close to my heart. I wait alone with my tears for company. Mummy, Where are you?


Flash Fiction - Every Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you want to join in the fun and games and give it a try...post your story and report to the boss - . If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

15 comments:

  1. I is not a word....... so not 55

    hahahahaha!

    Just kidding ... very well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probally at the chip shop with ya father.....after all it is Friday......

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's kind of sad :( well done on the 55...i'm up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a smart ass Mr. I'm gonna tell Mum what you said...Fish and Chip One

    Ciara - Thanks. I'm on my way but as you know...sometimes I get lost on the way... I'll get there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...
    You are NOT the only morose one this week.
    Thanks for playing, and take care Kiwi...G xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. G - Yeah, I noticed. Must be time for a party xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missy - Thanks again hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! that is such a poignant image! I read a similar post of waiting for Mom after school at The Lightening Bugs Butt's (LBB) blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These things are easily explained when you are an adult but not so much when you are six years old.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ouch...
    when you're a child,
    you're waiting,
    every moment
    seems like an eternity.
    very well expressed KB...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. If that were a photo you could post it for this week's Thematic Photographic. The prompt this week is "Poignant", and the image I got from this story got me all misty (I'm over it now... I'm okay... really.)
    Very nicely done!
    - Mojo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that's sad but you said so much in 55 words.

    I'm up too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for all the comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. now I just want to adopt you ;)

    beautifully written as usual

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww thanks so much Toadee x

    ReplyDelete