Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2008

PARDON GIVEN TO GANG RAPISTS

I read an article in my daily rag yesterday. It's been on my mind since. I was going to write about the disgust I feel for these men but I think I'll let the facts speak for themselves.


Sara, was gang-raped by three men. Her attackers were tried and sentenced by the Supreme Court. Imagine Sarah's shock at a later date, to discover these three men walking around freely in her village.

The men received a pardon from the Afghan President and were discretely freed. Sarah's rape was public and brutal.

The doctor's report said Sara had a 17mm wound in her private parts cut with a bayonet. She was left to stumble home, bleeding and without her trousers.

According to the copy of the pardon, the men were released because, "they had been forced to confess to their crimes".

After doing a little research, I discovered that previously, armed men had taken Sarah's son away by force. He hasn't been seen since. The above mentioned rape took place after she spoke publicly regarding the commander who was responsible.

It still shocks me that in this day and age, women are being treated this way for speaking their minds.

Makes me thankful I live in little ole NZ.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's the Towelheads for ye. People from the Middle East, much the same as those from the Far East, consider themselves "above" the rest of the world. Like the West doesn't know divinity or something.

    Some balls on 'em eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Excuse me......There's a bucket I need ta be sick in."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes you sick. Some people don't know they are human. There still needs a lot to be changed in the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still making me sick thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete