Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2008

MEET KB....AGE 15

I came across a book of poems and stories I wrote years ago. Wow, teenage angst at it's best or maybe I should say at it's worst. Most of it's very amateur and I chuckled over it for ages. I was tempted to tidy the writing up but I decided against it because I reckon it shows how far I've come. Anyone else game to share their first attempts at writing? *giggles*

Photo Source: Pixabay


ROMANTIC BEGINNINGS...KB AGE 15 (yikes)

I was slowly walking down the street
I didn't know that we would meet
You said hello, Greg's my name
I thought you were quite insane
You wanted my number, I reluctantly gave it
I thought you would surely forget it
You called me up and asked for a date
Things started off well, we stayed up real late
I started to like you, you paid such attention
The other girl you were seeing, you forgot to mention
But I never lived up to the girl you chased
Such a romantic beginning, what a waste
But I'll always remember that special day
When I discovered a boy worshipped me from far away


My mother warned me about him but of course, I thought I knew better. I can't stop giggling.

I'll keep reading through what I have and post more later.

Love KB
xxxx

8 comments:

  1. gosh, i've been in that situation. unfortunately, at older than 15! LOL

    loved your writing...i no longer have any of my poems and such from back then. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, let's say it together...MEN!!!

    *waits for Missy to join in too*

    ReplyDelete
  3. men are like that! they want their pockets full with stepins

    But that one is a cute poem! I love the line " such romantic evening what a waste"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ROFLMBO - typical, a pocket full of girls for many occasions and each not knowing about the rest. Ah "MEN" indeed!!!!!!

    For a fifteen year old even then you had a way of manipulating your lines with rhythm and flow :) very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mona - There are many women like this too these days. Glad you likey!

    Missy - I knew you would be amused :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A budding poet....among other things budding I bet...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So often the poetry we write when we are younger shows astonishing honesty. thank you for sharing Karen. I have spend many years trying to recapture that innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. G - behave yourself..LOL

    Toadee - Glad you likey

    ReplyDelete