Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Forgotten Faces - Jeannie Johnson




One of my goals this year is to read more books. You can read my reviews and learn where you can purchase any of the books I've read this year here...KB's Bookshelf.

Here's a bit of the blurb from the back cover...

Horatia Strong has every advantage - beauty, wealth and intelligence. But she has married a man who does not care for her. She longs for Tom's love but find herself making painful decisions - decisions which rock the foundations of their marriage. Britain is marching towards an industrial age and Bristol's trades are dissolving. Horatia's single-minded struggle to reserve the family empire leads her down some dangerous paths.




This book was given to me by a friend. It's probably not a book I would choose to buy for myself, the romance part was very predictable but I did enjoy reading about the era it was set in. I'm going to send it on to a friend and I'm hoping she will enjoy it too.

Are you reading anything interesting besides my blog?

See you tomorrow
Love KB
xxx

8 comments:

  1. KB: I read anything and everything that comes my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope just your blog...smiles...
    reading a book called Watchlist, each chapter is written by a different author...intersting concept....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, right this minute, the most interesting things really are on line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good . Noop no time for reading except blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book.
    I wish there were more hours in the day so that i could read. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmm no. just your blog. :o)
    I haven't sat down to read a book in awhile. But I have watched a play recently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been reading books set during the reign of King Henry VIII. And really need to get some reviews done myself.

    Right now I'm reading Sabriel by Garth Nix.

    I have 10 unread books in my Kindle. i promised myself i would finish them before buying any more but it is hard.

    ReplyDelete