Pages

Saturday 26 July 2008

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES



This is my third attempt at writing this...the power keeps going off!

The North Island of New Zealand is experiencing one of the worsts storms in a decade.
We are expecting widespread rain and gale force winds of up to 130kmph.

We've been told to only go out if necessary. Sounds like a great excuse to stay in my pyjamas if you ask me. I was lucky enough to fill up the kettle, heat up the house and fill up the bath tub before the power went out the first time, woohoo!

The yard outside is a mess. We've already lost one of our huge trees which was thankfully not too close to the house.

I'm supposed to be going out for my Dad's birthday dinner this evening but we will have to wait and see. The height of the storm is supposed to hit later on this evening. Probably as I sit down to watch the NZ/Australia Rugby Test.

I'll keep you posted.

Love KB
xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Hope you stay safe blonde one. It's unusual for someone in the UK to be able to gloat about the weather lol

    There are worse places to be than in a hot bath with a book and a bottle of wine, wouldn't mind being there my self x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I survived the storm but not so sure about my hangover!

    *crosses Steve off Christmas card list*

    ReplyDelete