Pages

Friday 15 August 2008

THE OLYMPIC YAWN

Am I the only person with a TV who is not watching the Olympics? My sis-in-law called from Australia and informed me with much hilarity that she was well up on the medal count compared to me. Erm, for starters She nor I are actually competing in the Olympics as far as I know and also, she was a Kiwi last time I checked.

I've never been a big fan of sports...well except for the ruggers of course but I thought I had better turn on the telly and see what the fuss was about. Watched the gymnastics for all of five minutes, followed by the rowing and turned it off. I of all people understand supporting your country but why people who have never shown any interest in sports what-so-ever suddenly get all fired up about the Olympics is beyond me. I really don't get it.

If you enjoy watching it...good for you but I can't wait for it to be over and regular scheduled programming to resume.

I'll stick to watching the ruggers, thank you very much. Which reminds me...All Blacks/South Africa in the early am Sunday. Should be a beauty.

GO THE MIGHTY ALL BLACKS...WOOHOO!

4 comments:

  1. This is the very first time that I have NOT watched any of the Olympics. Probably because we no longer have the likes of Seb Coe, Steve Ovett, Sally Gunnell, etc.
    May cheer on Suid Afrika in the 'other'!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't make me cross you off my Christams Card list Dickie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the Olympics on?
    Never noticed....bugga aye......
    The Crows won and so did the all Blacks so I hear......... cool aye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missy - Blog land seems a little quiet, wonder if ppl are glued to the telly

    Steve - Go The Crows and The All Blacks...woohoo!

    ReplyDelete