Pages

Friday 12 November 2010

Know My Numbers

30 Days To A Happier, Healthier Me - Day 1






Summer is well and truly on the way, the perfect time to make a few changes to bring me closer towards my goal of having a healthier lifestyle. I'm doing really well and have taken on board many changes already but my aim for this challenge is to be more consistent with the healthy stuff.

My first step was to find out where I was health wise right now. I bought myself a notebook and jotted down a few results. I decided to work on lowering my cholesterol and losing a little weight around my middle. Blood pressure and resting heart rate are normal.

I also logged onto knowyournumbers to enter my blood pressure and cholesterol. My heart risk is normal for my age. This was great news to me as there is a history of heart disease on one side of my family and it's something I worry about at times. I'm a natural born worrier but Whitesnake has made me so happy, I have to now invent things to worry about, hehe.

My next stop was realage. According to Dr Oz, I have a few years more under my belt than I should have. I really like this site as it calculates what your real age is and then gives you little tips to improve.

Righto, so now I know where I am health wise and the few things I want to work on. No surprises there really...I need to excercise more and drink less wine.

See you tomorrow for Simply Delish. I cooked up a sesame chicken recipe and it was sooooo good. Whitesnake licked his plate, much to the disappointment of Coco, 'cause there were no left overs.  

Love KB
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh I need to do the same thing!! You've got a great attitude KB... I need a little of that to rub off on me! Good luck with the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine - join in any time. Even if you just make one healthier choice each day, it will make a difference.

    Missy - Coco needs to lose a bit of weight anyway, hehe.
    Thanks for the support.
    Love ya girl
    x

    ReplyDelete