Pages

Saturday 20 November 2010

Keeping Up With KB




Hi all,

I'm feeling soooooooooooo good today. I've made a great start on step 2 of my 30 days to a happier, healthier me challenge. I've had my two alcohol free days for the week (which I started on Thursday as I said I would). It was a lot easier than I thought. The first day, I kept telling myself during the day that maybe I should start after the holidays but once I'd decided to go ahead, I stuck to it. Yay, go me. The next day was easy and  I barely thought about it. It made me realise how much I have relied on alcohol in the past. Some days, the thought of having a glass of wine after work was the only thing that got me through the day. I know that sounds terrible but I need to be honest with myself about these things and as you know, I tell you lot everything. I'm not sure if that's a good thing at times but it's just me being me. Anyway, I feel really good about achieving part of my goal and I'm looking forward to continuing on with my 2 alcohol free days a week and reducing my alcohol intake overall. My next goal is exercise and I'm going to start working on that after our little holiday.





Speaking of holidays, Whitesnake and I are looking forward to some well deserved time off, starting tomorrow. Woohoo! We're not going away anywhere but we have made plans to catch up with friends for Whitesnake's birthday (it's on Wednesday - don't tell him I told you), we really want to watch the new Harry Potter movie and the rest of the time we're going to relax and enjoy the nice weather.  Can't wait!

I've posted a recipe on our joint blog - Simply Delish Cheesy Twist Muffins. The recipe is soooo easy and delish. Go have a look and leave a recipe of your own if you wish. We're hoping to cook up a few recipes while on hols, that our friends have shared with us.



On a sad note,  29 miners are trapped underground on the West Coast of New Zealand. My thoughts are with the miners and their families. I hope you will join me in wishing them a speedy rescue and recovery.

Love KB
xxx

P.S. I've been a bit slack with my visits to all my wonderful readers but I'm going to put some time aside to visit y'all during out little break. Thank you so much for all of you who read, comment and click on my goggle ads. At this rate, I should be able to afford to buy a postage stamp with my earnings in no time, LOL!  It's very much appreciated and you're all very important to me. 

           

3 comments: