Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

The Course Of True Love



Here's my contribution to Carry On Tuesday....visit Me Keith to join in the fun and games.  I've also entered this into Potery Potluck (which I'm way too late for) and One Shot (which I'm way too early for). I don't usually do the triple entry post kinda thing but I wanted to get organised and save a bit of time so I can spend the next couple of days with my darlin' Whitesnake.




The course of true love
never did run smooth
In the early days,
Mum never approved

Married young,
did what was expected
Left me worn out
and feeling neglected

Older and wiser,
second time around
My course is complete,
true love I have found.



I'll be back later with an update on my progress on 30 days to a happier, healthier me. Until then...hope you're all as lucky in love as we are.

Whitesnake's C.O.T is here and his One Shot is here

Love KB
xxx

26 comments:

  1. Awwwww, good for you - both! I do love a happy ending! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good poem, second time around always seems to be the best time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! Enjoy your days with your true love ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Everything is for learning.
    Good message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found your happily ever after. True love when found is the greatest. Glad you found your true love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear this all the time! I'm glad the second time around was different :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet it is. As soon as mr. Whitesnake gives me a few lessons I'm going to look for a girl like you. Of course I'll need a note from my wife...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the way I did it, too -- and I must say I made a much better choice this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone.

    GS - he's a lucky guy isn't he?

    Missy - woot, woot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweeeeeet! A tear is running down my cheek - actually it could have something to do with the onions I'm peeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet indeed. Love and Light, Sender

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the ending,
    super profound and well rounded piece.

    Thanks for contributing to potluck poetry.
    Happy Tuesday!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  13. simple and well said! mine's here- http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/head/

    ReplyDelete
  14. And my love I got 3rd time lucky my princess xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A simple, sweet poem. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank goodness for second shots...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. so good to get another chance..i'm happy for you and look VERY happy on the pic.. :=)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice One Shot, Keith.

    Good luck on your 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Keith - yeah right, I know you're a big softie.


    Thanks Sender, Jingle, 5 loaf, poemblae, Brian, Claudia and Erica (hehe-where did you get Keith from?)

    WS - we are both very lucky this time around xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Took me the third time round to find that love....I guess I just needed some maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww... you learned it the hard way, alright... but you learned it, and you earned your "reward"...that's the main thing!!!
    Lovely poem, KB... And I hope you enjoy a beautiful life with your beloved whitesnake :)

    A very sweet One Shot!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Direct, sweet, guaranteed-to-get-laid-by-your-sweetie work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wisdom gained and properly applied. Lovely to be happy!

    ReplyDelete