Pages

Saturday 2 October 2010

30 Days Of Me - What's In A Name?

Day 2 - What's the meaning behind my blog name?



This one is pretty straight forward. KB stands for, Krazy Blonde because I'm crazy and I'm blonde. I  originally wanted to be Crazy Blonde but that name was already taken. I'm kinda glad because I prefer the misspell as it's even more me. So I began referring to myself on the web as KrazyBlonde, which was soon shortened to KB. As for the Do Not Disturb part, (originally Do Not Enter), in the early days of the Helium website , a few of us went kinda mad on the forum boards and started threads named as rooms, we had kitchens, elevators, a tavern and a front porch, just to name a few. There where so many rooms, I decided to make my own to disappear to with a 'do not enter' sign. Of course, if you say do not enter, people are curious and WANT to enter so the thread did pretty well.  Have a nosey if you like. For those of you who don't contribute to forums, this probably makes no sense but you did ask, hehe! 

Anyway, the name stuck and when I decided to start blogging, I thought it would be the perfect name for my blog. The change from Do Not Enter to Do Not Disturb, happened when I was given a T-shirt with Do Not Disturb - I'm Disturbed enough already, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Yay, day 2...done!

Have a great weekend all.
Love KB
xxx 

 You can find the other 29 days here        

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh - the good old days back in the Helium forum! I had a look in a few minutes ago just for 'ole times sake - dead as a dodo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun. It sure is dead these days. I pop back in to play a few games every now and then. It will always have special meaning to me because it's where I first met many of you bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. always cool to hear where people came up with their names...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm wondreing how you came up with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I'd forgotten about the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always interesting to read how people choose their blog names. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the disturbed saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ake - happy you enjoyed it.

    Nessa - me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I knew you BB (before blogging) This is such a cool series of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Wynn - why don't you join in and do your own version?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea with the rooms In holland we always had chats in the kitchen I love chats on the porch We didn't have them in Holland

    ReplyDelete