Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

30 Days Of Me - A Work In Progress

Day 4 - a habit I wish I didn't have.


I'm sure my friends here know the answer to this one...


Ah yes, my old friend the drink. One of my goals this year was to cut my drinking down by half and I can honestly say...DONE! Actually, I'd say it's down by even more than that now.  Until recently, drinking had become what I did when I was happy, sad, lonely, angry, actually any excuse would do.

Thankfully, I've managed to make huge changes in my life this year (with the love and support of Whitesnake) and reducing alcohol has been one of the things I'm most proud of. I don't miss the headaches, the looking at my watch and counting down how many hours till I can have a drink, sleeping half the day away or the massive mood swings. Don't get me wrong, I still love a glass of red but it's not the most enjoyable thing in my life, like it used to be. Makes me sad to read that last bit back but at least I'm not in that terrible place anymore and I have no intention of going back there. I'd like to cut back even more in the future but I'm happy with my progress so far.
Cheers
KB
xxx


  

2 comments: