Pages

Thursday 7 October 2010

Two Shots Of Gin

The  Vodafone NZ Music Awards are on telly tonight. I LOVE music, all varieties of music. When I was younger, I'd live and breathe it and be up-to-date with all the latest releases. How things change. Looking at the finalists for tonight, I probably recognise four or five names. Including one of my favourites, Gin Wigmore.




Why are music awards just about the youngsters? I guess they are the people who are buying, or should I say downloading the music. I  feel so old! The show is on C4 tonight at 8.30pm. Now I feel really old because I'll probably tape it and watch it in the morning. I'm usually in bed by 9.30 these days due to early starts in the mornings. I find watching any NZ Awards Show quite comical. It's not that they aren't entertaining, it's just that compared to overseas awards shows, they are quite, what's the word I'm looking for...lame? The red carpet celebraties usually consist of Shortland St and Outrageous Fortune stars (the two shows that every New Zealand actor has worked on at one time or another) and a bunch of  'stars' nobody has ever heard of.

The performers are usually people admired by 15 years olds, introduced by the actors from Shortland St and Outrageous Fortune (as if we haven't seen enough of them by now) and random people plucked off the telly. Looking at the programme this year, it appears things may be looking up. I see Robyn Malcolm from Outrageous Fortune is presenting an award (what a shocker) LOVE her and Outrageous Fortune all the same. Ronan Keating and Brooke Fraser (DOUBLE LOVE her but not in a dodgy way)are presenting and I'll be interested to see Kids of 88. I've heard them a lot on the radio (one of those really annoying songs that you hate but can't help singing all day  once you hear it and end up secretly loving it.

Here are my picks for some of the categories:

Best Male Solo Artist - Dane Rumble

Best Female Solo Artist - Gin Wigmore

Artist of the Year - Gin Wigmore

Best Pop Album - Anika Moa

People's Choice - Stan Walker

The highlight of the show for me will be seeing Gin Wigmore perform....Love her!!!


Here's another clip from our lovely Gin Wigmore. I'd like to see her win a few more awards, I think she's nominated for six!








Coming Up...lunch with two of my favourite men.

2 comments: